BREAKING: CRFFN Issues Much Awaited Resolution on ANLCA Crisis, Calls For Immediate AGM Meeting
By DAPO OLAWUNI
Six months after setting up a committee to resolve the protracted leadership crisis in the Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA) the Council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN) has issued a resolution to address the crisis in the biggest freight forwarding association in Nigeria.
In a press release issued on Sunday by the Chairman of CRFFN, Alhaji Tsanni Abubakar, signed by the Chairman, Committee on Media and Publicity of the Council, Mr Muftahu Ya”u, the Council has directed the warring factions in ANLCA to set up a fresh Board of Trustees (BOT) which would constitute four persons from both sides.
DAILY TREND however reports that the bone of contention in the ANLCA crisis has been the soul of the Board of Trustees. There is the Alhaji Taiwo Mustapha led BOT and the Dr Taiwo Afolabi led BOT which has Prince Ozo Chukwura leading by proxy.
The CRFFN has also directed that Mr Kayode Farinto, Acting President of the association should call for an Annual General Meeting (AGM) at a venue chosen by the CRFFN; Oriental Hotel in Lagos.
The statement reads “Pursuant to Section 4(d) of the CRFFN ACT NO.16 Of 2007, which mandates the Council the general duty of ” Regulating and Controlling all the Associations of Freight Forwarding Agents”, it became imperative for the Council to intervene in the affairs of any association at a time of crises where internal mechanisms to resolve the crises proves abortive.
“Prior to the last extra-ordinary emergency meeting held in Abuja on the 9th, February this year to resolve the crises, the Council had earlier applied and adopted many approaches and mechanisms, together with consultations with the aggrieved parties involved before arriving at the following resolutions.
1) That the Associations’s Annual General Meeting be convened immediately.
2) That the composition of the Board of Trustees of the Association be nine members.
3) That each of the two aggrieved parties shall nominate four (4) members to serve as their representatives on the Board of Trustees.
4) That the ninth member of the Board of Trustees be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
5) That the Council Chairman and the Acting Registrar will attend the Annual General Meeting to oversee the conduct of the Annual General Meeting.
6) That it is hoped that the aforementioned measures would help resolve the lingering crisis.
7) That the Annual General Meeting be convened at a venue to be provided by the Council.
“In light of the above, the Council Chairman Dr. Abubakar Tsanni has directed the Acting President of the Association, Dr. Kayode Farinto to convene an Annual General Meeting which should have in attendance all members of the Association on Thursday, 2nd March, 2023 by 11: am at Oriental Hotel Lagos.
“Finally, the Council once again, call on parties to eschew bitterness amongst each other and to embrace peace as the veritable tool for the attainment of the Association’s goals.